1.20.2011

A Daunting 3000 Photo Exploration

Yesterday was a pretty good day for the most part.

It began with me taking nearly 3000 photos from the past year from our church for the purpose of a 2010 retrospective video for a fellowship at my church Saturday night. (www.authenticlifefellowship.org)
-It's going to be a daunting and tedious task to complete the video, but it WILL get done. haha
-Yesterday my little brother Austin got his driver's license. Very proud of him.
-Went and worked out around 11am. Not a bad workout. Just kind of the normal routine.
-Went back home and dove back into the video creation process.

I was approached yesterday by a guy I went to college with about a possible business venture of starting up a publication. He asked me to come on as the designer of said magazine and to say I was excited would be like saying Roosevelt was just "excited" to bomb the Japanese after Pearl Harbor. It has been my dream to do work in magazine design and this seems like it could be a pretty cool adventure. This friend is one that I respect and would love to work with on a professional level.

Then I went to church, and it was a recharge like it normally is. Jimmy's (pastor) message was about Bathsheba and King David's lover's rendezvous that ended with an illegitimate child and the death of her husband at the hands of David. The discussion was to kind of go in between the lines of the well-known story and look more at the side of Bathsheba. It was interesting.

After church I went and worked out again. I'm telling you, this whole working out thing is making a difference. At least that's what people say. I agree with them for the most part, but it's a slow process and I knew it would be, but it's one thing to know something and another to be able to deal with it and accept it. But isn't that the case with so much in life?

I found a band called, "The Afters". apparently in the world of Christian music, they are pretty well-known and I had been behind the curve, but I like them all-the-same. They have a particular song called "I am Yours". Very good song.

Most of the songs are about the after process of coming to the Lord, which makes sense with their moniker being "The Afters". While listening to the tracks I was reminded of a certain someone who has recently come to the realization that they need God in their life and chose to let God love them and work in their life. Big fan of this person. I'm humbled that they would come to me, but honored that God would allow me to be there for them.

Alright, enough writing now on to work on this video. Wish me luck.

Prayers welcomed.

Mascot saved by grace.

1 comment:

  1. Will pray for God's guidance for you and your involvement in the magazine startup.

    ReplyDelete